[Bioc-devel] Package check error under BiocVersion 3.18

Mike Smith gr|mbough @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 13 13:33:08 CET 2023

Hi,

As you surmise, it looks like this is a conflict between Matrix and
SeuratObject.  It's reported in quite a few places e.g.
https://github.com/satijalab/seurat/issues/7986

I don't think there's much you can do except wait for the Seurat
maintainers to release an update to their package.  Given that the issue is
already closed as complete, hopefully that won't be too long. Then you'll
need to wait a bit longer for the Bioconductor Build System to install that
updated version - I'm not sure how often the BBS updates non-Bioconductor
packages.

Slightly frustrating, but this is the risk we take when using other
packages.  Generally speaking the effort saved in not reinventing all the
cool stuff in Matrix & Seurat yourself is worth this hassle.  Personally, I
trust the Seurat developers will address this in a timely manner.

Cheers,
Mike