[Bioc-devel] Warnings in "checking compiled code" of R CMD check

Oleksii Nikolaienko o|ek@||@n|ko|@|enko @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 26 15:00:35 CET 2023

Hi all,
it seems that the devel version of R CMD check has raised the level of
messages in "checking compiled code" from NOTE to WARNING. My package
contains
<http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/Rsamtools/nebbiolo1-checksrc.html>
entry points for abort, exit, stdout, stderr and sprintf, while I use only
snprintf and don't terminate or write out anything in a non recommended
way. I can see similar warnings in checks of Rsamtools and rtracklayer as
well.
Is there anything one needs to do about this? Would it become a problem in
the future?

Best,
Oleksii