[Bioc-devel] Maftools not working on Mac therefore package not passing macOS checks

Jennifer Wokaty Jenn||er@Wok@ty @end|ng |rom @ph@cuny@edu
Wed Jan 18 22:11:47 CET 2023

Graciela,

Thanks for the link to the issues using 3.16 on a Mac. It helped me to see there's a gfortran issue on our Mac I needed to fix but it will need time to propagate. I anticipate it will be resolved by next week.

Regarding your package, I echo Marcel's response that you should go ahead and submit.

Jennifer Wokaty (they/them)

Waldron Lab at CUNY SPH
Bioconductor Core Team
________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Graciela Uria Regojo <grace.uria using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 9:14 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Maftools not working on Mac therefore package not passing macOS checks

***ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails.***

Hello, I�m working on a new R package for bioconductor and my packages uses maftools::read.maf function. All  R CMD checks for ubuntu and windows are fine but I get an error on macOS related to a general problem that is going on now with installing maftools and subsequently DNAcopy in Mac. It seems like the problem is related to gcc, fortran and clang not being compatible: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_PoisonAlien_maftools_issues_886&d=DwIFaQ&c=mRWFL96tuqj9V0Jjj4h40ddo0XsmttALwKjAEOCyUjY&r=FKSqKXkUOES-D4VQb2jSn9QK7Vz5lE18rLcyn73CPhA&m=HKWmjrORz07tMPph7OgPJtPftCQusyv9KxeIlFO0TabSX4U9QihALwrYRfRAl0FL&s=5nh14p_6rDsz5Xrc2CW8TLQPppT47sC3EPaOkIxPn3c&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_PoisonAlien_maftools_issues_886&d=DwIFaQ&c=mRWFL96tuqj9V0Jjj4h40ddo0XsmttALwKjAEOCyUjY&r=FKSqKXkUOES-D4VQb2jSn9QK7Vz5lE18rLcyn73CPhA&m=HKWmjrORz07tMPph7OgPJtPftCQusyv9KxeIlFO0TabSX4U9QihALwrYRfRAl0FL&s=5nh14p_6rDsz5Xrc2CW8TLQPppT47sC3EPaOkIxPn3c&e= > which is why my package is failing the check on macOS. This should be fixed I hope, my question is if I can contribute my package to bioconductor even though I have this problem at the moment of macOS failing my check (maftools should be fixed soon)
Thank you for your help