[Bioc-devel] News: Seeking Outreachy interns and project proposals

Maria.Doyle M@r|@@Doy|e @end|ng |rom u|@|e
Fri Jan 20 14:27:06 CET 2023

Bioconductor plans to participate in the Outreachy<https://www.outreachy.org/> Mar - Aug 2023 internship cycle. Outreachy offers internships for those underrepresented and impacted by systemic bias in the technology industry. Interns will work remotely with mentors from our community.

We are seeking Outreachy interns who would like to work on a Bioconductor project, and mentors within the Bioconductor community to propose projects for Outreachy interns to work on during their internship.

  *   Feb. 6, 2023 at 4pm UTC is the deadline for submitting an initial internship application https://www.outreachy.org/apply
  *   Feb. 24, 2023 at 4 pm UTC is the deadline to submit projects https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/bioconductor/

If you want help crafting your project proposal, please contact the Bioconductor coordinators: Jennifer Wokaty and Maria Doyle on slack.bioconductor.org<https://slack.bioconductor.org/> #outreachy channel

Mentors should read the mentor FAQ: https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/mentor-faq

For mentors, full details about the Outreachy program and the internship timeline can be found on the Call for Participation page on the Outreachy website:

https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/

Maria Doyle, PhD
Bioconductor Community Manager

School of Medicine,
University of Limerick, Limerick, V94 T9PX