[Bioc-devel] Maftools not working on Mac therefore package not passing macOS checks

Graciela Uria Regojo gr@ce@ur|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 17 15:14:55 CET 2023

Hello, I’m working on a new R package for bioconductor and my packages uses maftools::read.maf function. All  R CMD checks for ubuntu and windows are fine but I get an error on macOS related to a general problem that is going on now with installing maftools and subsequently DNAcopy in Mac. It seems like the problem is related to gcc, fortran and clang not being compatible: https://github.com/PoisonAlien/maftools/issues/886 <https://github.com/PoisonAlien/maftools/issues/886> which is why my package is failing the check on macOS. This should be fixed I hope, my question is if I can contribute my package to bioconductor even though I have this problem at the moment of macOS failing my check (maftools should be fixed soon)
Thank you for your help