[Bioc-devel] Cherry picking error - SiPSiC package

Daniel Davis d@n|e|d@v|@000 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 14 14:56:05 CEST 2023

Hello everyone,

I would like to update the description of the released version of my
package.
Following the developer guide, I executed the git checkout and pull
commands on the devel branch, changed the description file as necessary,
then committed and pushed it - everything was fine.
However, when I try to checkout RELEASE_3_17 then execute git cherry-pick
devel, a conflict error is thrown on the description file. Now that makes
sense, but I'm not familiar enough with git to try and handle the situation
myself.. So - what is the right thing to do if I would like to apply the
devel version of the description file to the current release of the package?

Thanks,

Daniel