[Bioc-devel] Fixing autonomics - ssh: connect to host git.bioconductor.org port 22: Connection timed out

Sarvesh Nikumbh @@rve@h@n|kumbh @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 5 11:52:29 CEST 2023

Hi Aditya,

Can you check if this is due to the recent branch name changes: default
branch name changed from 'main' to 'devel'
This was announced on the mailing-list, and also on this blogpost:
https://bioconductor.github.io/biocblog/posts/2023-03-01-transition-to-devel/

Sarvesh

On Tue, 4 Apr 2023 at 19:38, Aditya Bhagwat via Bioc-devel <
bioc-devel using r-project.org> wrote:

> Dear BioC team,
>
> I am having the same error as many others (the missing BiocStyle
> issue) and I wanted to fix it. But I somehow am not getting into
> git.bioconductor.org anymore :
>
> $ git fetch --all
> Fetching origin
> Fetching upstream
> ssh: connect to host git.bioconductor.org port 22: Connection timed out
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
> error: could not fetch upstream
>
> I checked BiocCredentials and my public key is visible there.
>
> What else could this be ? I changed institutes since my last push, in
> my current setup things go through a proxyserver, could that be the
> reason?
>
> Thank you for feedback.
>
> Aditya
>

> --
> Aditya Bhagwat
> Statistics ∙ Bioinformatics ∙ Data Science
> Translational Proteomics ∙ Philipps-University Marburg
> Karl-von-Frisch-Str 2 ∙ 35043 Marburg ∙ Germany
> Tel.: +49 6421 28 27403

thanks!
-Sarvesh