[Bioc-devel] Supplementing package vignette with workflow vignette

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 17 02:29:32 CET 2022

On 16/02/2022 00:35, migdal migdal wrote:

> Dear bioc-devel,
>
> one of the requirements for the Bioconductor package is to pass the R CMD
> BUILD, including some constraints on the time. To accommodate for some
> specific cases, Bioconductor implements a concept of long tests which are
> excluded from the build time limit. I wonder if a corresponding concept
> exists for the vignettes? I do realize the need for time constraints.
> However, I think it could be of use to supplement a main vignette with
> supplementary vignettes that could showcase the package use eg. on a larger
> dataset. Those could have a less strict constraints policy eg. more time to
> run, more resources like number of cores, RAM etc. Are there any ways to
> accomplish this?

Yes, by creating (and submitting) a workflow package. This is basically
a vignette wrapped in its own dedicated package (the package typically
contains no R code).

List of existing workflow packages:

https://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/BiocViews.html#___Workflow

Workflow builds (Tuesdays and Fridays):