[Bioc-devel] Minimize repo redundancy, is the original Github repo before package submissions still needed?

Christian Arnold chr@rno|d @end|ng |rom web@de
Fri Apr 29 12:18:29 CEST 2022

Hello everybody, I have a quick question regarding best practises and
minimizing redundancy when it comes to Git repos after a successful
package acceptance.

For the Bioc submission, we created a new Git repo to start the process
(we had the code in another one before, but that was not supported for
the submission process). Now the package is accepted, and I am wondering
whether I actually still need the Git repo from my private account that
was used for the Bioc submission. Can I safely delete it, or is
Bioconductor at some point still needing it (for next release cycles?)?

Thanks,

Christian