[Bioc-devel] Minimize repo redundancy, is the original Github repo before package submissions still needed?

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Fri Apr 29 13:26:59 CEST 2022

Once accepted Bioconductor will use the code submitted, pushed, and updated at git.bioconductor.org.  any other private or personal repository can be managed (or deleted) as you are fit.

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Christian Arnold <chrarnold using web.de>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2022 6:18:29 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Minimize repo redundancy, is the original Github repo before package submissions still needed?

Hello everybody, I have a quick question regarding best practises and
minimizing redundancy when it comes to Git repos after a successful
package acceptance.

For the Bioc submission, we created a new Git repo to start the process
(we had the code in another one before, but that was not supported for
the submission process). Now the package is accepted, and I am wondering
whether I actually still need the Git repo from my private account that
was used for the Bioc submission. Can I safely delete it, or is
Bioconductor at some point still needing it (for next release cycles?)?

Thanks,

Christian