[Bioc-devel] Adding a new annotation file (size ~ 9MB) into the Bioconductor Rsubread package

Yang Liao Y@ng@L|@o @end|ng |rom onjcr|@org@@u
Fri Apr 8 09:16:56 CEST 2022

Hi,

We are the maintainers of the Bioconductor Rsubread package. We are trying to add a new gene annotation file (RefSeq GRCm39/mm39) into the Rsubread package for the users who have switched to the mm39 reference genome for their analyses.

We have built the annotation file, but we found that it was a little too large (~ 9 MBytes), larger than the 5MB limit. Hence the Git command refused to submit the file to the Rsubread (devel) repository, with an error message : "Error: file larger than 5 Mb".

Is it possible if we can have an exemption to add the mm39 annotation file into the Rsubread package?

All the best,
Yang