[Bioc-devel] Adding a new annotation file (size ~ 9MB) into the Bioconductor Rsubread package

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Fri Apr 8 15:00:36 CEST 2022

Exceptions to file size are not permitted. We would prefer the data be downloaded and distributed through the AnnotationHub as we are moving away from traditional data packages.

Please see HubPub and the vignette on how to create a hub package https://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/vignettes/HubPub/inst/doc/CreateAHubPackage.html

It this case, since it is a single file and creating an entirely separate annotation package seems over kill and unnecessary overhead, we would advise using the annotationhub directory in Rsubread.
You may choose to host the data file yourself on a public accessible and reliable server (institutional level, AWS bucket, data lakes, zenodo); private servers and hosting data on github are not allowed by Bioconductor standards.  If you are not able to host the data yourself, you may upload the data file to the Bioconductor Azure Data Lake as described in the vignette link above.
Minimally, Rsubread would need to add the metadata.csv file that provides the necessary metadata information in inst/extdata.  And add the biocViews term AnnotationHubSoftware.

Please let us know when these files and changes are available and we can further assist adding the data officially to the AnnotationHub.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd - Kern

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263