[Bioc-devel] Automate package check workflow + Dockers for devel-vs-release

Shraddha Pai @hr@ddh@@p@| @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Mon Sep 20 18:17:59 CEST 2021

Hello BioC community,

Is there a recommended set of tools / workflow for automating build and
check of a package update? I'm currently manually doing this. I've seen
some discussion from 2015 around Travis CI (which I've yet to use) but not
sure if that's current.

If there's a workshop that covers this or notes from one, would
appreciate knowing.

Separately, I use two Docker builds - one release, one devel version of
BioC - and manually launch each to run my tests. Is there an easier
workflow for checking the package in both release and devel branches or
setting up triggers for each?

Thanks very much,
Shraddha

--

*Shraddha Pai, PhD*
Principal Investigator, OICR

*Ontario Institute for Cancer Research*
MaRS Centre, 661 University Avenue, Suite 510, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G
0A3
*@OICR_news* <https://twitter.com/oicr_news> | *www.oicr.on.ca*
<http://www.oicr.on.ca/>

*Collaborate. Translate. Change lives.*

This message and any attachments may contain confidentia...{{dropped:11}}