[Bioc-devel] EXTERNAL: HTML vignette not visible in landing page

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 19 23:49:17 CEST 2021

Hi Pedro,

More generally speaking you want to make sure that the vignette actually
gets built by standard 'R CMD build' command. This is what the build
system does to build vignettes.

'R CMD build' will report whether it's building the vignette(s) or not.
If successful, the resulting source tarball will contain the vignette(s)
in its inst/doc/ folder (you can check this by listing the content of
the tarball with 'tar ztf path/to/tarball'). Even better, you can check
the vignette by installing the source tarball (with 'R CMD INSTALL
path/to/tarball') and then calling 'browseVignettes("packagename")' from R.

Once you are satisfied with the result, remember to bump the package
version, to commit, and to push to git.bioconductor.org.

Hope this helps,
H.

On 18/09/2021 17:06, Marcel Ramos wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> I took a quick look and it looks like the DESCRIPTION file does not
> contain a VignetteBuilder: knitr field.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marcel
>
> On 9/17/21 2:57 PM, Pedro Madrigal wrote:
>> Dear Bioconductor
>>
>> I am trying to add an html Vignette in 1.19.9
>> https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/fCCAC/ <https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/fCCAC/>
>>
>> but the link to the html vignette does not appear here
>> https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/bioc/html/fCCAC.html <https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.14/bioc/html/fCCAC.html>
>>

>> Could you please advice?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pedro
>>

> ---
> Marcel Ramos
> Bioconductor Core Team
> Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
> Dept. of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
> Elm St. & Carlton St.
> Buffalo, New York 14263
>

> This email message may contain legally privileged and/or...{{dropped:4}}

Hervé Pagès

Bioconductor Core Team
hpages.on.github using gmail.com