[Bioc-devel] Sudden Bioconductor nightly build fail for IsoCorrectoRGUI: cannnot add binding of 'variable' to the base environment

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 4 12:21:00 CEST 2021

This is because of a change in base R

  https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/9ad27a744572fca453665e97110ded41a2680a57/doc/NEWS.Rd#L257

It can be reproduced by using a recent version R-4-1.

Looking at your code, I guess it is at

  https://code.bioconductor.org/browse/IsoCorrectoRGUI/blob/master/R/IsoCorrectionGUI.R#L30

that things start to run into trouble -- probably instead you want to create a 'package local' environment, e.g.,

   isoCorrectionGUIEnvironment <- new.env()

as the very first line in this file, and use that for storing these variables.

Martin