[Bioc-devel] Sudden Bioconductor nightly build fail for IsoCorrectoRGUI: cannnot add binding of 'variable' to the base environment

Christian Kohler chr|@t|@n@koh|er @end|ng |rom ur@de
Tue May 4 06:35:43 CEST 2021

Hello BioC community,

I am the maintainer of the IsoCorrectoRGUI package.
Starting with April 30th, problems are reported in the Multiple platform
build/check report for BioC3.13 (Linux, Windows Server as well as macOS)
though IsoCorrectoRGUIs code base did not change since end of October 2020.

The relevant part of the error message is shown below:

* checking examples ... ERROR
Running examples in ‘IsoCorrectoRGUI-Ex.R’ failed
The error most likely occurred in:

 > base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
 > ### Name: IsoCorrectionGUI
 > ### Title: Graphical User Interface for IsoCorrectoR
 > ### Aliases: IsoCorrectionGUI
 >
 > ### ** Examples
 >

 >  IsoCorrectionGUI()
Error in baseEnvRef$continueIsoCorrection <- TRUE :
   cannot add binding of 'continueIsoCorrection' to the base environment
Calls: IsoCorrectionGUI -> initGUI
Execution halted

Frankly speaking, at the moment I have no clue why the CHECK procedure
fails from one day to the next. Does this reflect a conflict with R
4.1.0 alpha internals?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated as the deadline for passing R
CMD check is in a couple of days.

If anyone knows why this could be happening or if it is likely to sort
itself in the next build please let me know.

Thanks,

Christian