[Bioc-devel] Dependency not available for R4.1 on macOS

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 18 15:17:47 CET 2021

The build system tries to behave like a typical *user* system, so it installs macOS binaries. But for whatever reason, macOS binaries for the 'devel' version of R seem only to be produced at the last minute leading up to a release. So if the package you depend on requires compilation, then it is unlikely to be installed on the build system, and there is nothing to be done but wait... [and perhaps ask about svglite availability on the R-sig-mac mailing list].

Martin