[Bioc-devel] Encountering Issues with Github sync

Krithika Bhuvaneshwar kb472 @end|ng |rom georgetown@edu
Thu Feb 25 21:02:04 CET 2021

Thank you for catching that !  That was very helpful

I have now completed Steps# 1 - 7 and Step # 9 from here:
*http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/
<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/>
*(I think Step # 8 does not apply to me)

I don't exactly understand what Step # 10 is. Is this what I should do , or
can I skip this ? Please advise.

*10. Repeat for the release branch, replacing master with the name of the
release branch, e.g., RELEASE_3_6. It may be necessary to create the
release branch in the local repository.*

git checkout RELEASE_13_3
 git merge upstream/RELEASE_13_3
 git merge origin/RELEASE_13_3
 git push upstream RELEASE_13_3