[Bioc-devel] Reference ExperimentHub package in statistical package

Murphy, Alan E @@murphy @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Tue Feb 23 14:42:47 CET 2021

Hi,

I have submitted an ExperimentHub package ewceData to Bioconductor's Github for consideration here<https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/1904>. I am next going to append a link to my statistical package repository once the status is updated to 'review in progress'. I am following the guide here:

https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions#submitting-related-packages

In the meantime, I want to ensure that the statistical package doesn't fail any checks based on the use of the ExperimentHub package ewceData. However, I don't know how to reference ewceData for use in my statistical package? I need the data from ewceData for both the vignette but also in some functions. I am running the devel version of Bioconductor (BiocVersion 3.13) and as such thought ewceData would be available there but the following fails:

BiocManager::install("ewceData")

What is the best practice way to do this? I could install reference the Github repository for ewceData in my statistical package but I imagine this would cause many issues down the line?

Kind regards,
Alan.

Alan Murphy
Bioinformatician