[Bioc-devel] About developing package

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Mon Feb 22 13:58:00 CET 2021

Others may chime in but it seems like a reasonable Bioconductor package.

Please look in the Software biocViews.  Probably StatsticalMethods and Classification sound appropriate.  We can add additional biocViews if you proceed with the Bioconductor submission.  It would also seem reasonable to add a miCLIP2 biocView perhaps under Software -> Technology.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of You Zhou <youzhoulearning using gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 3:49 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] About developing package

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the package development. We will publish a paper (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.20.423675v1) soon, and in this paper we develop a machine learning classifier for identify the m6A signals out of miCLIP2 data. Now I would like to turn the machine learning model with some necessary functions into a package. I was wondering whether Bioconductor could also accept a package like this? And if the answer is yes, which biocViews section should I go?

Thanks and kind regards,
You