[Bioc-devel] Changing package names

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Tue Aug 17 18:23:51 CEST 2021

Please reconsider.  The names of your packages enter components of a
metadata collection
that must be manually altered by our core development staff to accommodate
package name changes.
While it is easy to change names of entities in programs and local file
systems, our package
ingestion, review, compilation, verification, and distribution system is
delivering resources to
thousands of users around the world every day.  We do not have the capacity
to make changes
of this kind for any but the most severe errors of name selection, for
example, employing a name
that is legally forbidden.  If this is in fact the case, you will have to
withdraw the package, have
it deprecated, and resubmit under another name.  We cannot promise rapid
turnaround for this
process.

Thank you

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 10:40 AM Kramer, Nicole Emma <nekramer using live.unc.edu>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My submitted package BentoBox and its associated data package BentoBoxData
> have been accepted and were just added to Bioconductor's git repository.
> Unfortunately, my group and I would like to change the names of these
> packages/repositories. What would be the appropriate process to change the
> names of these packages if they are already in Bioconductor's git
> repository?
>
> Thank you,
> Nicole Kramer
>

> Nicole Kramer
>
> Ph.D. Student in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology

> nekramer using live.unc.edu

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}