[Bioc-devel] git: lost write access to some repos + what is my BiocCredentials email address?

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 19 14:08:34 CEST 2021

Hi,

I seem to have "lost" write access to several Bioconductor git
repositories that I had git push access for before;

$ ssh -T git using git.bioconductor.org | grep -E
"(affxparser|aroma.light|illuminaio|QDNAseq)$"
X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
 R      packages/QDNAseq
 R      packages/affxparser
 R      packages/aroma.light
 R W    packages/illuminaio

Using `ssh -v ...`, I see that my git+ssh "offers" the server an RSA
public key (AAAAB...PwYDZ), which is accepted.  Since this gives me
write access to one of the repositories, I either have lost write
access to the others, or I somehow have ended up with different SSH
keys associated with different repositories (since I had write
permissions in the past).

For example, with:

$ git clone git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/aroma.light
$ cd aroma.light
$ git remote -v
origin    git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/aroma.light (fetch)
origin    git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/aroma.light (push)

I get:

$ git push
X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
FATAL: W any packages/aroma.light h.bengtsson DENIED by fallthru
(or you mis-spelled the reponame)

Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.

I followed FAQ #15 to check what SSH key I have on BiocCredentials,
but when I try to activate the account on
https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/account_activation/ using
the email address I have in the DESCRIPTION file, I get
"henrikb using braju.com is not associated with a maintainer of a
Bioconductor package. Please check the spelling or contact
bioc-devel using r-project.org for help."(*) I suspect it's another email
address I should use, possibly one from the SVN era. How can I find
out which email address I should use?

(*) FYI, the webpage hint reading "Enter the email associated with
your Bioconductor package" might be ambiguous; Is it really specific
to a particular package?  Should it say something like "Enter the
email associated with your Bioconductor developer account"?