[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor nightly build fail - ewceData not available for EWCE

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 28 23:39:31 CEST 2021

Hi Alan,

The ewceData package is a **data-experiment** package and
data-experiment packages are only built and propagated 3 times a week
(Tue, Wed, Fri). Turns out that they ran today and this allowed ewceData
to propagate to our public package repos for the first time:

   - Today's build results:

https://master.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.13/data-experiment-LATEST/ewceData/

   - Landing page:
       https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.13/ewceData

Now that ewceData propagated, the build machines running the
**software** builds will be able to install it, and this in turn will
make it possible for them to install EWCE. This should be reflected on
tomorrow's report.

Finally note that the fact that riesling1 was actually able to bypass
all these steps and get ewceData before the other builders is because
this machine also happens to run the data-experiment builds in addition
to the software builds.

Cheers,
H.

On 4/28/21 9:47 AM, Murphy, Alan E wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to note this still hasn't sorted itself with the second run. There still appears to be a fail in the build, stating that ewceData isn't available:
>
> https://master.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.13/bioc-LATEST/EWCE/nebbiolo1-buildsrc.html
>
> Interestingly this fail was only on machv2 and nebbiolo1, oddly riesling1 passed checks.
>
> If anyone knows why this could be happening or if it is likely to sort itself in the next build please let me know!
>
> Thanks,
> Alan.

Hervé Pagès

Bioconductor Core Team