[Bioc-devel] upstream push error

Lieven Clement L|even@C|ement @end|ng |rom UGent@be
Wed Apr 28 13:17:01 CEST 2021

Dear All,

We recently migrated my lab git account from user to organisation which is linked to my email lieven.clement using ugent.be<mailto:lieven.clement using ugent.be>.
My user account is lievenclement is linked to my gmail account lieven.clement using gmail.com<mailto:lieven.clement using gmail.com>

I have submitted the msqrob2 package to bioconductor. The maintainer email address is lieven.clement using ugent,be, which is also linked to my GitHub organisation account.

I would like to push a new commit to the bioconductor remote but get the error attached below  (I included all steps to setup the remote).

I noticed that the error refers to my organisation account.

It would be great if you could help me out.

Best,

Lieven

$ git remote add upstream git using git.bioconductor.org<mailto:git using git.bioconductor.org>:packages/msqrob2.git

$ git remote -v
origin git using github.com<mailto:git using github.com>:statOmics/msqrob2.git (fetch)
origin git using github.com<mailto:git using github.com>:statOmics/msqrob2.git (push)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org<mailto:git using git.bioconductor.org>:packages/msqrob2.git (fetch)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org<mailto:git using git.bioconductor.org>:packages/msqrob2.git (push)

$ git fetch --all
Fetching origin
Enter passphrase for key '/Users/lclement/.ssh/id_rsa':
Fetching upstream
Enter passphrase for key '/Users/lclement/.ssh/id_rsa’:

$ git merge origin/master
Already up to date.

$ git add .
$ git commit -m "DESCRIPTION R version and added NEWS file”

$ git push upstream master
Enter passphrase for key '/Users/lclement/.ssh/id_rsa':
FATAL: W any packages/msqrob2 statOmics DENIED by fallthru
(or you mis-spelled the reponame)

and the repository exists.