[Bioc-devel] BiocCheck and version requirement

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Thu Apr 8 19:38:37 CEST 2021

>From a Bioconductor R perspective, we can't tell if the package would work with a lesser version of R or lower versions of any package dependencies.  We accept packages and have requirements to ensure packages can run.
You can always have another github branch....

I believe in the past we tried suggesting removing a R dependency altogether but that R CMD check complained not having an R dependency?  Maybe someone remembers more about this.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263