[Bioc-devel] BiocCheck and version requirement

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 8 19:33:10 CEST 2021

But why is it even a warning? The submission policy is that warnings are
discouraged. This means that developers will adapt to this warning.

The check is also against the policies on the website which state you don't
need a formal dependency.

Best,
Kasper

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:53 PM Kern, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using roswellpark.org>
wrote:

> This requirement has been around for awhile.  New package submissions are
> checked against the devel version of Bioconductor. At the moment this is R
> devel (R 4.1) and Bioconductor packages in devel for 3.13.  Given that
> Bioconductor releases are closely tied to a R release,  and changes in R
> can (and have) had great consequences for package functionality, we can not
> guarantee a package will work on any previous version of R or with previous
> versions of packages.
> It is why it is a warning and not an error
>
> Lori Shepherd
>
> Bioconductor Core Team
>
> Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
>
> Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
>
> Elm & Carlton Streets
>
> Buffalo, New York 14263

Kasper