[Bioc-devel] seq2pathway install and build error

Yuxi Sun y@un11 @end|ng |rom uch|c@go@edu
Wed Sep 16 18:33:16 CEST 2020

Hello,

We are writing on behalf of the development team for the Bioconductor
package seq2pathway. There are two problems we are encountering that we
wish to seek some insights from the team.

1) Our Windows installation throws this error message:

Warning: *** someone has corrupted the Built field in package 'seq2pathway' ***
* installing *binary* package 'seq2pathway' ...
cp: unknown option -- )
Try '/usr/bin/cp --help' for more information.
ERROR: installing binary package failed
* removing 'C:/Users/biocbuild/bbs-3.12-bioc/meat/seq2pathway.buildbin-libdir/seq2pathway'

Would anyone kindly help us understand the implications of this error
message?

2) When we run R CMD build on Linux and Mac machines, there is an error
message when creating vignette:

Warning: package ‘seq2pathway’ is not available (for R version 4.0.0)

Error: processing vignette 'seq2pathwaypackage.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:

 chunk 1 (label = setup)

Error : package or namespace load failed for ‘seq2pathway’:

 package ‘seq2pathway’ was installed before R 4.0.0: please re-install it

How should we fix this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Yuxi