[Bioc-devel] seq2pathway install and build error

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 17 16:37:10 CEST 2020

In your git repository, you have in the DESCRIPTION file

seq2pathway master$ tail -n 1 DESCRIPTION
Built: R 3.5.2

So R thinks the package was built for a version that is not compatible with the current version.

There are additional lines that don't belong in the 'source' version of your DESCRIPTION file, I think the following should be removed

-Packaged: 2019-02-27 20:41:28 UTC; jennifersun Packaged: 2018-10-31 00:33:19 UTC; biocbuild
-git_url: https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/seq2pathway
-git_branch: master
-git_last_commit: 4ed0bbc
-git_last_commit_date: 2020-08-18
-Date/Publication: 2020-04-27
-Built: R 3.5.2

and generally it looks like what you've done is downloaded the 'source' tarball and used that to populate your git repository -- directories

Meta
build
doc
help
html
inst/doc

need to be removed.

It seems also like there are files that shouldn't be included, including several copies (in different folders) of .DS_store, .Rhistory, and .Rapp.history. You should remove these, and perhaps add a '.gitignore' file to the top-level of your repository to flag these as files that should be ignored by git in the future

Remove these, and things should be back on track...

Martin