[Bioc-devel] Fwd: BioC 3.12 coming soon, package a4 and a4Base need your attention!

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 22 09:25:49 CEST 2020

Your NAMESPACE has

import(ComplexHeatmap)
import(pheatmap)

and both packages have a function pheatmap -- the import from ComplexHeatmap is being replaced by the import from pheatmap.

In other places your NAMESPACE has lines like

import(seqinr, except = c(zscore, count, a))

so you'd like to do the same for one or the other of ComplexHeatmap / pheatmap. It looks like the roxygen for this is

#' @rawNamespace import(ComplexHeatmap, except = c(pheatmap))

...but I wonder whether you really want to import both packages?? Does your package really need functionality from each? I see from

  https://bioconductor.org/packages/artMS

that your package has 200 dependencies, which is a lot and means that changes in any of those could break your package -- it sounds like a quite fragile situation.

Martin