[Bioc-devel] How to handle namespace/import of Rcurl

Kristoffer Vitting-Seerup k@v|tt|ng@@eerup @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 12 09:51:17 CEST 2020

Hi Devel

I've recently added a function which relies on Rcurl but I'm having trouble
figuring out how to handle it in the namespace/import since it behaves
differently from other packages I rely on.

As seen here
<http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR/>I
currently I get a warning stating:
"*'::' or ':::' import not declared from: 'RCurl'*"

Due to inclusion of this code on one of my functions:

*RCurl::url.exists(isoformExonAnnoation)*

I've over the last couple of weeks tried several different things to avoid
warnings:
- Added it to namespace (*importFrom("RCurl", "*url.exists*" *)
- Imported the entire package in the namespace
- Added it to the Imports in the DESCRIPTION

For all of these I keep getting errors or warnings saying this is not
necessary for RCurl. Can somebody help me out with what the proper way to
avoid the warning above without causing any other errors/warning?

Cheers
Kristoffer