[Bioc-devel] How to handle namespace/import of Rcurl

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 12 11:20:26 CEST 2020

The message is trying to say that RCurl has not been declared in the DESCRIPTION file; add Imports: RCurl to the DESCRIPTION.

I know that you indicate that you have done this already, but it is not present in the current DESCRIIPTION file, and it is the reason for the current warning message.

Other WARNINGS are also due to incorrect issues related to imports. For instance,

  analyzeIUPred2A: no visible global function definition for 'queryHits'

is because the NAMESPACE does not have

  importFrom(S4Vectors, queryHits)

or simply

  import(S4Vectors)

Warnings such as

  expressionAnalysisPlot: no visible binding for global variable 'CI_up'

occur because of use of 'non-standard' evaluation in ggplot / dplyr. The current recommended solution seems to be to use `.data$CI_up` from rlang; update the code to use this syntax, and be sure to Import: rlang / importFrom(rlang, .data)

It would be good to address these.

For what it's worth, long lines in the DESCRIPTION file can be split, provided they are indented. So for instance

Imports: methods, BSgenome, plyr, reshape2, gridExtra, Biostrings (>= 2.50.0), IRanges,
    GenomicRanges, DRIMSeq, RColorBrewer, rtracklayer, VennDiagram, DBI, grDevices, graphics,
    stats, utils, GenomeInfoDb, grid, tximport (>= 1.7.1), tximeta (>= 1.7.12), edgeR,
    futile.logger, stringr, dplyr, magrittr, readr, tibble, XVector, BiocGenerics

Martin