[Bioc-devel] Python dependency [EXT]

Daniele Muraro dm19 @end|ng |rom @@nger@@c@uk
Thu Mar 26 10:37:52 CET 2020

Thank you very much for your feedback, Martin and Hervé

Our goal is to make the package available in R as well for users who are more familiar with this programming language. Python would run behind the scenes, as kindly suggested by Hervé; basilisk seems a very good option.

Thanks again for your availability.

All the best,

Daniele

________________________________
From: Martin Morgan <mtmorgan.bioc using gmail.com>
Sent: 24 March 2020 19:00
To: Daniele Muraro; bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Python dependency [EXT]

It's important to ask 'why Bioconductor?' with the answer partly involving interoperability with other Bioconductor packages and data representations (e.g., https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bioconductor.org_developers_how-2Dto_commonMethodsAndClasses_&d=DwIGaQ&c=D7ByGjS34AllFgecYw0iC6Zq7qlm8uclZFI0SqQnqBo&r=yCpxU9kUOSglCjD0f9I0mbtqYoQIuEdTmkr8GDGomoU&m=VIVgIcRwU_qiSw0x5ds06-YxaDcd7AlBe9fzHb4AsMA&s=mSXRlT-HCK_hPxX85NvYX68PuTna-LKiTo6sc-Ak9-g&e= ). There wouldn't be much value in making something that is essentially a python package without connection to Bioconductor available in Bioconductor.

Martin