[Bioc-devel] Can I use .Rbuildignore to ignore .BBSoptions?

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Fri Mar 15 17:14:56 CET 2019

Hi Gordon,

My understanding is that adding .BBSoptions to the .Rbuildignore file
will tell 'R CMD build' to not include the file in the resulting source
tarball, which is good (cleaner tarball).

And since the build system reads the .BBSoptions file from the package
source tree, not from the source tarball, I don't anticipate any problem.

Cheers,

H.

On 3/13/19 19:13, Gordon K Smyth wrote:
> The Rsubread package has a .BBSoptions file to warn the Bioconductor package management routines that Rsubread is not available for Windows.
>
> R CMD check doesn't know about the .BBSoptions tag and therefore issues a NOTE whenever the package is checked. Can I add an .Rbuildignore file to tell R CMD check to ignore the .BBSoptions file, or will that cause problems for the Bioconductor management routines, i.e., will it make the .BBSoptions file invisible to Bioconductor as well?
>
> Thanks
> Gordon

> Professor Gordon K Smyth
> Joint Head, Bioinformatics Division
> Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center