[Bioc-devel] Can I use .Rbuildignore to ignore .BBSoptions?

Gordon K Smyth @myth @end|ng |rom weh|@edu@@u
Sun Mar 17 12:15:06 CET 2019

That's right.

> And since the build system reads the .BBSoptions file from the package source
> tree, not from the source tarball, I don't anticipate any problem.

OK, thanks, I'll go ahead and add the buildignore.
Gordon

> Cheers,
> H.
>
> On 3/13/19 19:13, Gordon K Smyth wrote:
> > The Rsubread package has a .BBSoptions file to warn the Bioconductor
> package management routines that Rsubread is not available for Windows.
> >
> > R CMD check doesn't know about the .BBSoptions tag and therefore issues a
> NOTE whenever the package is checked. Can I add an .Rbuildignore file to tell R
> CMD check to ignore the .BBSoptions file, or will that cause problems for the
> Bioconductor management routines, i.e., will it make the .BBSoptions file
> invisible to Bioconductor as well?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Gordon

> > Professor Gordon K Smyth
> > Joint Head, Bioinformatics Division
> > Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
>
> --
> Hervé Pagès
>
> Program in Computational Biology
> Division of Public Health Sciences
> Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
> 1100 Fairview Ave. N, M1-B514
> P.O. Box 19024
> Seattle, WA 98109-1024
>
> E-mail: hpages using fredhutch.org
> Phone:  (206) 667-5791
> Fax:    (206) 667-1319

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the sender.

The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute acknowledges the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin
Nation as the traditional owners of the land where our campuses are located and
the continuing connection to country and community.