[Bioc-devel] build/check reports and package version available for updated package

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rd|@z02 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Feb 9 10:13:47 CET 2019

Dear All,

For the development version of a package, I thought that a new version of a
package (a new version of the archive) was only made available if and when
the build/check reports had been passed (for the corresponding OS). But now
I think I am wrong.

For a package I maintain, OncoSimulR, I am seeing package archives for the
new version (2.13.1) that correspond to the changes I pushed a couple of
days ago, on 2019-02-07
(https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.9/bioc/html/OncoSimulR.html); but the
build report
(https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/OncoSimulR/) is
still showing the build/check from the previous version (2.13.0), which was
the one that existed at the time of the snapshot date (2019-02-06 17:01:03
-0500) of the report.

Does this mean that a build bin was executed (I presume successfully)
shortly after I pushed changes? I think it must, given the "Packaged" stamp
in the DESCRIPTION file of the three compressed files (which shows
"2019-02-08 01:19:24 UTC; biocbuild" and similar strings). What about the
install and check tests?

Sorry if this has been explained before. I've looked around but could not
find any info about it.

Thanks,

R.

--