[Bioc-devel] Error: file larger than 5 Mb.

Vincent Carey @tvjc @ending from ch@nning@h@rv@rd@edu
Wed Sep 26 03:22:59 CEST 2018

(resending with reply all -- please reply to this one)

Can you say some more about the content of the file?  Perhaps it can be
placed in ExperimentHub.  "mouse.rda" is not very descriptive.  is it
in your github repo?

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 6:25 PM, Bohdan Khomtchouk <khomtchoukmed using gmail.com>
wrote:

> I need to include an important .rda file in the /data folder of my
> Bioconductor package.  However, this .rda file exceeds 5 Mb in size.  Do I
> have any other options besides for deleting it?
>
> bohdankhomtchouk$ git push origin master
>
> Counting objects: 65, done.
>
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
>
> Compressing objects: 100% (65/65), done.
>
> Writing objects: 100% (65/65), 13.79 MiB | 7.62 MiB/s, done.
>
> Total 65 (delta 30), reused 0 (delta 0)
>
> remote: Error: file larger than 5 Mb.
>
> remote:
>
> remote:     File name: 'data/mouse.rda'
>
> remote:     File size: 12.9 Mb
>
> remote:
>
> remote: Please see Biocondcutor guidelines
>
> remote: https://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/
>
> remote:
>
> To git.bioconductor.org:packages/geneXtendeR
>
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
>
> error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:
> packages/geneXtendeR'
>
> --
> Bohdan Khomtchouk, Ph.D.
> AHA Postdoctoral Fellow, Gozani & Assimes Labs
> Department of Biology & Department of Medicine
> Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
> Stanford University
> Stanford, CA 94305
> https://profiles.stanford.edu/bohdan-khomtchouk
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Information contained in this me...{{dropped:9}}

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}