[Bioc-devel] Error: file larger than 5 Mb.

Bohdan Khomtchouk khomtchoukmed @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Sep 26 00:25:32 CEST 2018

I need to include an important .rda file in the /data folder of my
Bioconductor package.  However, this .rda file exceeds 5 Mb in size.  Do I
have any other options besides for deleting it?

bohdankhomtchouk$ git push origin master

Counting objects: 65, done.

Compressing objects: 100% (65/65), done.

Writing objects: 100% (65/65), 13.79 MiB | 7.62 MiB/s, done.

Total 65 (delta 30), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: Error: file larger than 5 Mb.

remote:

remote:     File name: 'data/mouse.rda'

remote:     File size: 12.9 Mb

remote:

remote: Please see Biocondcutor guidelines

remote: https://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/

remote:

To git.bioconductor.org:packages/geneXtendeR

 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)

error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:
packages/geneXtendeR'

--
Bohdan Khomtchouk, Ph.D.
AHA Postdoctoral Fellow, Gozani & Assimes Labs

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Information contained in this me...{{dropped:9}}