[Bioc-devel] GenomicFeatures

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@nielh@n@en @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Nov 2 16:36:11 CET 2018

Lates BiocManager

It is not flagging GenomicFeatures as out of date, presumably because it
doesn't exists in the repos. So in some sense it is all internally
consistent.  I was just surprised to not see it flagged as being out of
date.

I guess I am also confused about what happens at release.  Is the repos
wiped?  Because at some time pre-release GenomicFeatures existed in the
Bioc 3.8 repos, and (usually) that would mean it would fall back to this
previous version (seemingly 1.33.6 based on
  https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/GenomicFeatures.html
yet this package does not seem to exists (despite the URL)).

Ok, this is all a rather unfortunate and special case which I am not sure
how should be handled. I was just surprised at what I am seeing, but I am
also quite confident that when the package is fixed, it'll all work fine.

Best,
Kasper