[Bioc-devel] modify _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ ?

Martin Morgan m@rtin@morg@n @ending from ro@wellp@rk@org
Fri May 18 23:26:18 CEST 2018

You can create a plain text file in the root directory of your package
.BBSoptions with the line

   UnsupportedPlatform: win

Your package will not be available on Windows, losing about 1/2 your
potential audience. A better strategy is to figure out why you are
Suggests:'ing Rsubread, and find alternative cross-platform solutions.

I would not hesitate to add your voice to mine in asking the Rsubread
maintainer to make their package cross-platform compatible. While this
requires considerable work, it would benefit the Bioconductor community
in this and subsequent years.

Martin