[Bioc-devel] modify _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ ?

Gabe Becker becker@g@be @ending from gene@com
Fri May 18 23:17:55 CEST 2018

I guess I was unclear. what I was asking is if it is, e.g., *required* for
your vignette, e.g. to create a data structure that is then used by your
functions.

That is a pretty standard use of Suggests, though obviously not the only
one. My point was really that the package only being suggests is not
sufficient information, by itself, to expect it to pass check with the
suggests check turned off. There are types of valid suggests that would
fail and types that would succeed in that case with the package not being
present.

Best,
~G

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 2:13 PM, Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael at gene.com