[Bioc-devel] Unexpected Warning About Cross-Reference Without Package Specification

Dario Strbenac d@tr7320 @ending from uni@@ydney@edu@@u
Fri May 11 07:00:04 CEST 2018

Good day,

I have documented a parameter that is linked to lmFit's documentation.

\item{...}{Optional settings that are passed to \code{\link{lmFit}}.}

The package checking process displays a warning.

* checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
Missing link or links in documentation object 'limmaSelection.Rd':
  ‘lmFit’

If I add [limma] to the cross-reference, the link is resolved.

* checking Rd cross-references ... OK

Why is the package specification not optional in this scenario? I am using the latest release of R.

* using R version 3.5.0 (2018-04-23)
* using platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8