[Bioc-devel] Unexpected Warning About Cross-Reference Without Package Specification

Martin Morgan m@rtin@morg@n @ending from ro@wellp@rk@org
Fri May 11 12:06:00 CEST 2018

On 05/11/2018 01:00 AM, Dario Strbenac wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have documented a parameter that is linked to lmFit's documentation.
>
> \item{...}{Optional settings that are passed to \code{\link{lmFit}}.}
>
> The package checking process displays a warning.
>
> * checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
> Missing link or links in documentation object 'limmaSelection.Rd':
>    ‘lmFit’
>
> If I add [limma] to the cross-reference, the link is resolved.
>
> * checking Rd cross-references ... OK
>
> Why is the package specification not optional in this scenario? I am using the latest release of R.

I would guess that limma is not in the Depends: or Imports: fields of
your package. Maybe you can point to your package source code or reduced
package example for more help?

Martin