[Bioc-devel] appveyor CI failing with biocparam

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Thu Mar 29 15:23:26 CEST 2018

Hi Vivek...

On 03/29/2018 08:39 AM, Vivek Bhardwaj wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have travis and appveyor CI running for my upcoming package in
> development. I find that the appveyor CI fails for the function
> `GenomicAlignments::summarizeOverlaps`, which is called by one of the
> functions in my package. It doesn't recognize the BPPARAM argument
> (appveyor build is here
> <https://ci.appveyor.com/project/vivekbhr/icetea>). The same function
> passes on my local windows system.

I would guess that the underlying reason is a difference in package
versions.

I'd also guess that the problem is at
https://github.com/vivekbhr/icetea/blob/master/R/detect_diffTSS.R#L125 ,
where summarizeOverlaps hands off the BPPARAM to ResizeReads via ...,
which is then passed to GenomicRanges::resize where the function is not
expecting an argument named BPPARAM. Probably simply replace l 131 with

   GenomicRanges::resize(reads, width = width, fix=fix)

Remember that your new package will be added to the 'devel' version of
Bioconductor, so you should be building and testing on R-3.5 /  Bioc 3.7.

There seem to be several calls to bplapply in your code; it might pay to
start the parallel back-end at the top of your function, as mentioned in
https://support.bioconductor.org/p/107303/#107322

Martin