[Bioc-devel] Help with version numbering

Rhonda Bacher rhond@@b@cher @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Jun 17 18:56:04 CEST 2018

Hi,

For the Trendy package I wanted to bump the version from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 but
accidentally pushed with the wrong version number. I want to fix it but I
get the error below. How can I fix this?

remote: Error: Illegal version bump from '1.3.1' to '1.2.1'. Check
remote: http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/
remote: for details
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/Trendy.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:
packages/Trendy.git'

Thanks!
Rhonda