[Bioc-devel] Synching version numbers went wrong

White, Shana (vandersm) v@nder@m @ending from m@il@uc@edu
Wed Jul 11 18:19:27 CEST 2018

Hello, when attempting to fix a bug [introduced into my package] and propagate the changes I somehow managed to roll back the middle version number on one of my branches and ended up with the following error message when attempting to correct my mistake:

Error message:

shanas-macbook:KEGGlincs shanabanana$ git push upstream master

Counting objects: 3, done.

Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.

Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 298 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.

Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: Error: Illegal version bump from '1.5.1' to '1.6.1'. Check

remote: http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/

remote: for details

Many thanks,

Shana White