[Bioc-devel] Synching version numbers went wrong

Mike Smith grimbough @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jul 12 10:57:55 CEST 2018

Hi Shana,

It looks like the release version of KEGGlincs is 1.6.x and the devel
version should be 1.7.x.    When you're committing to the master branch of
git.bioconductor.org this equates to the devel version and there's a check
in place to prevent even version numbers being committed here.  My
recommendation is to make sure that your DESCRIPTION file for that commit
has a version number of 1.7.x which should put things back on track.

If you also need to add your changes to the release version (I guess the
current build error means you do) then you can see the instructions at
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/bug-fix-in-release-and-devel/
Step 4 details incorporating changes from one branch to another, and then
you need to manually make sure the DESCRIPTION file for committing to the
RELEASE_3_7 branch contains a 1.6.x version number.

Mike