[Bioc-devel] error in loading pbdMPI on tokay2

Armen Abnousi a.abnousi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 23:01:23 CET 2018

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for your reply. I can make it work using snow I believe. But the
problem is that all functions in these packages that you have suggested
(including snow; as far as I have seen) return the answer to one node and
then if I want all nodes to have the same answer I will need to broadcast
it to all nodes or repeat the same operation. This is very prohibitive,
requiring a lot of communication. On the other hand if I could use MPI
functionality, allGather would cut the operation to half (if not more,
given the size of the communication that will be needed. I haven't been
able to find a package with a functionality similar to allGather that will
work without MPI. With larger dataset sizes, this problem becomes more
threatening and that is just the opposite of what drives us to use
parallelism. I don't know if there is any other option, maybe we can't do
better, but I thought I'll let you know what my problem is and maybe you'll
suggest a better way to deal with it. Thank you again.

Thanks,
Armen