[Bioc-devel] EXTERNAL: build_vignette

Marcel Ramos marcel.ramosperez at roswellpark.org
Mon Apr 16 23:34:58 CEST 2018

Hi Kenneth,

I was unable to reproduce the issue that you described in your original
email with a different package (without access to your package).

I ran `devtools::build_vignettes` on the `RaggedExperiment` package
and the vignettes were built without a problem (with pandoc installed):

 > devtools::build_vignettes()
Building RaggedExperiment vignettes
Moving RaggedExperiment.html, RaggedExperiment.R to inst/doc/
Copying RaggedExperiment.Rmd to inst/doc/

Note that the Rmd file was only copied from the vignettes directory.

*But*, I wouldn't usually build vignettes this way for testing. I think
you want to use the "knit"
button in RStudio (keyboard shortcut: ctrl + shift + K) to be able to
see the rendered doc.
Go to 'Help' > 'Keyboard shortcuts help' to look for the appropriate
shortcut if you are
not using Linux.

Also, I was not able to find the `add_vignette` function. I'm not sure where
you are getting this function from.

PS. I'm using Rdevel 3.5.0 (r74109) and devtools pkg version 1.13.5 on
Ubuntu 16.04.

Regards,

Marcel