[Bioc-devel] Cannot move 'xps' to GIT

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Thu Oct 12 22:13:14 CEST 2017

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your informative reply.

1, My SSH public key that you mentioned is the correct one.

2, After following your advice and running

   ssh -v git at git.bioconductor.org

I got:

OpenSSH_7.4p1, LibreSSL 2.5.0
debug1: Connecting to git.bioconductor.org [34.192.48.227] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /Users/rabbitus/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: Remote: PTY allocation disabled.
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
hello c.stratowa, this is git at ip-172-30-0-33 running gitolite3
v3.6.6-6-g7c8f0ab on git 2.13.0
bash: debug1:: command not found

3, Nevertheless, I could run:

   git clone git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/xps

I got:
Cloning into 'xps'...
Enter passphrase for key '/Users/rabbitus/.ssh/id_rsa':
remote: Counting objects: 2757, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (2757/2757), 5.62 MiB | 945.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (2077/2077), done.
Checking connectivity... done.

4, In 'https://github.com/settings/keys' I deleted the old SSH key and
tried to add a new SSH key, where in 'Key' I copied once again my public
'id_rsa'. However, once again I received an email with the wrong key
'df:2d:78:4f:**'

I do not understand why my correct key is not accepted.

According to 'https://caius.github.io/github_id/' my user id is:
cstrato is github user #32616897

My public key at 'https://github.com/cstrato.keys' is still empty.

I am not sure what I need to do next?