[Bioc-devel] Build failing for MutationalPatterns

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Wed Nov 29 16:50:44 CET 2017

On 11/29/2017 09:58 AM, Janssen-10, R.R.E. wrote:
> Dear Bioconductor,
>
> The build for MutationalPatterns has been failing for a week.  The exact same code built fine, because the last commit ups the version number to 1.4.1, which is the version that is available on Bioconductor.
>
> I also cannot reproduce the error with the code from upstream on my computer. What can we do about this to fix the build on your infrastructure?

I reproduced this on my linux laptop, installing the package and then
running

   MutationalPatterns/vignettes master$ Rdev CMD Sweave --pdf
Introduction_to_MutationalPatterns.Rnw

The key to reproducibility is using the same software as the build
system -- currently, R-devel and Bioc-devel with current packages

   $ Rdev -e "BiocInstaller::biocVersion()" # 3.7
   $ Rdev -e "BiocInstaller::isDevel()"   # TRUE
   $ Rdev -e "BiocInstaller::biocValid()" # TRUE

and to be sure that you're running in a clean checkout of your package,
e.g., by cloning into tmp

   $ cd /tmp
   $ git clone https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/MutationalPatterns

Martin